Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM)
Mitchell ScriptAdvisor, formerly PMOA, Inc. is not just a processing center that contracts with pharmacies. Rather, it's a PBM program managed by expert pharmacists with years of experience. They also meet our client needs with a network of nationwide pharmacies, door-to-door delivery and one-on-one service.
Generic medications are mandated and save an average of up to 55% over brand-name medications. In workers' compensation, drug therapy constitute approximately 8% to 15% of paid medical benefits, so it is critical that this expense is monitored closely. Mitchell ScriptAdvisor also offers a “first fill” program and customized formularies to help further reduce cost. Their on-call specialists answer the patient’s questions as needed.
All prescriptions are screened to ensure that:
- Medications are prescribed only by authorized physicians
- All prescribed medications are related to the injury
- Medications adhere to the customized formularies
- Premature refills or duplicates are not distributed
- DUR edits check for drug to drug interactions
- More than 60,000 pharmacies can be accessed through Mitchell ScriptAdvisor's retail pharmacy program, including four full-time pharmacists on staff and on call.
- Mitchell ScriptAdvisor monitors high-cost claims for any abuse. It’s the ideal program for first-fill and ongoing maintenance drugs for workers' compensation injuries.
- Mitchell ScriptAdvisor's flexible network allows for new pharmacies to be added instantaneously.
- Service center representatives available 365 days a year.
- Real-time prescription management for fewer phone calls from the pharmacies, online adjudication of claims and built-in bill review.
- Mitchell ScriptAdvisor's home delivery program provides ASC's clients the convenience and clinical support from Mitchell ScriptAdvisor's in-house pharmacist and technician staff.
- 48–hour turnaround as opposed to industry standard of 7 to 10 days.
- Prompt delivery with no out–of–pocket expenses.
- Streamlined delivery requires no paperwork from claimant.
- Any and all necessary medications delivered.
- Mitchell ScripAdvisor and ASC can help search for a pharmacy by zip code.
- Use the default mileage or change it to the number of miles you are willing to travel, and the locater will only suggest those pharmacies that are within that distance.
"Through ASC and my adjuster, my company has a firm handle on injury/illness prevention and education, along with an incredible reduction in the amount of claims, costs and overall expenses."